Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delightful waker-upper and a great favorite at The Congenial Quail Inn in Tucson Arizona, and so easy!
- 1 ripe melon (such as Casaba, Cantaloupe, or Honeydew)
- 1⁄2 inch fresh gingerroot
- fresh mint and fresh edible flower, such as pansy to garnish
- Slice melon into serving wedges and scoop out seeds.
- Cut along the rind to free the flesh, then cut across and lengthwise into attractive bite-sized pieces.
- Peel 1/2 inch or so of the ginger root and grate onto melon wedges.
- Garnish, and serve.
Awesome. Who knew that ginger and cantaloupe were best friends. Really enjoyed it. What a healthy little dessert this evening! Made as a recipenap for VEG*N Swap Aug 2009. Thanks Sharon! (No photos, as Rita's is so stinkin cute).
Summer at its absolute best. This is so beautiful and taste so great. Was shocked that ginger and cantaloupe would complement each other so well. Absolutely loved this and will be put into our favorites cook book. Thanks so much.
The Ginger which I diced and then with some squeezed the juice over the melon is just so refreshing. I garnished with nasturtium and lavender. Thanks Sharon for a beautiful, easy, healthy, tasty and refreshing dish.