Recipe by wattamess
Lean beef with just 1 egg and lots of fresh veggies help to keep this receipe healthier than the normal meatloaf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (or 3/4 cup ketchup)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375f.
- Mix ground beef, bell pepper, onion, celery, cilantro, rice and garlic in a large bowl untill well blended.
- Combine egg, soy sauce, Old Bay seasoning, paprika, Mrs. Dash and pepper in seperate bowl, mix well and add to meat mixture.
- Pack half of mixture in an 8x4x2 1/2-inch loaf pan smoothly, then pout in tomato mix and top with remaining meat, pressing down gently.
- Place on baking sheet to catch dripping and bake for 1.25 hours or until lightly browned. remove pan from oven and spread an even layer of tomato paste over meatloaf and return to oven for an additional 15 minute Remove and let stand for 10 min before slicing.