Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Woman's Day magazine June 2009
Make and share this Marvelous Meatless Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (16 ounce) jarsmooth salsa, chipotle or 1 (16 ounce) jarroja salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, chili spice blend or 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons salt free chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- In 3 quart slow cooker mix all ingredients except cilantro. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are tender and the flavors have combined.
- Stir in cilantro. Top with sour cream, cheese, or toasted pumpkin seeds.