Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
On an advertising page in a magazine; these sound delicious in themselves and would make a nice gift. Haven't tried the recipe yet, so this is purely based on what's printed.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups quartered maraschino cherries, well drained
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour six 6x3" loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on low speed until blended, then on high speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the condensed milk, blending lightly after each addition. Fold in the cherries.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared pans; bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick tests done.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks. Dust with powdered sugar.