1/5 Photos of Marvelous Macaroni and Cheese
This is the most awesome Macaroni & Cheese that we have ever eaten. It is a family favorite and we have it once a week. All four of my kids request it often, and my husband thinks it's incredible. Hope you enjoy this comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- 3Drain, rinse and set aside.
- 4In same pot over low heat, melt the butter.
- 5Add flour, salt and pepper and whisk into melted butter until smooth.
- 6Simmer and stir until mixture thickens into a paste and is golden.
- 7Slowly add milk and whisk into butter mixture until smooth.
- 8Bring to boil and then simmer until thickened.
- 9There is no way to tell you how thick, except to say it should be thicker than gravy but not as thick as pudding.
- 10If you have made basic white sauce, you will know when it is thick enough.
- 11Remove pot from heat.
- 12Add cheddar cheese and stir until cheese starts to melt.
- 13Add macaroni and stir until coated.
- 14Pour into a 9 x 12 baking dish or 2 quart casserole.
- 15As an extra indulgence, you can sprinkle 4 oz more cheese on top.
- 16I only do this if I happen to buy a 12 oz bag or block instead of 8 oz.
- 17Bake about 20- 30 minutes, when you see top getting a bit crispy and brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marvelous Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 768.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 22.9 g