1/4 Photos of Marvelous M&m Bars
This has been one of my favorite cookie recipes since I was a kid. I can't believe I forgot to post it on Zaar until now. I saw quite a few similar recipes when I searched, but none that were made as bar cookies. The original recipe was for drop cookies, but my mom adapted it long ago. These just melt in your mouth. Obviously, the serving size depends upon the size of your bars. I just happened to cut them into 32 pieces last night. Enjoy!
My Private Note
jelly r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla thoroughly.
- 2Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- 3Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed mixture; mix well.
- 4Stir in about 2/3 cup M&Ms. Reserve remaining candy for decorating cookies.
- 5Spread batter in lightly greased jelly roll pan. Decorate top with remaining M&Ms (or as many of them as you desire).
- 6Bake at 375 degrees 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Cool completely; cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marvelous M&m Bars
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 125.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g