Recipe by jen_colello
This came about as a "kitchen sink" concoction between friends. We just threw everything in and loved it so much that we've just got to share it with you!
- 3 -4 lbs beef roast
- 4 carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 medium yam
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix (we had no real ones)
- 10 ounces beef stock
- 10 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons bulls eye barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper (we like lots!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on crock pot to high. Add Beef broth. Cut carrots, celery and garlic. Dice potatoes and yam. Go ahead and add some onions too - We just had none at the time. Add all veggies to crock pot.
- Cut Beef to desired size.
- Combine "coating" ingredients in a bag, add beef chunks and shake till coated.
- Brown coated beef lightly in a medium heat fry pan. Add to crock pot.
- Add the remainder of ingredients to crock pot - including any leftover flour mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 hours on high, stirring only once to meld flavours after about 1/2 hour. (Keep in mind, the more you browned your meat, the less time it will take to cook.).