Recipe by weekend cooker
meat loaf with a cheesy filling in the middle, with a great taste.
Top Review by Nif
My kids really liked all of the cheese in this recipe - that was a great addition! I didn't like the texture because there were way too many breadcrumbs and it was a bit "gummy". After reading the other reviews, I decided to make it in the oven. I cooked it for 45 minutes at 350 F. The cheese stayed in until the last 15 - 20 minutes when it started to leak out. I was able to keep some some of it in and the cheese on top made up for it! Made for 1, 2, 3 tag game. Thanks weekend cooker! :)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 5-quart oblong slow cooker with vegetable cooking spray.
- Make foil handles in slow cooker.
- Combine beef, eggs, chili sauce, and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- With your hands, shape half of the beef mixture into flat loaf and place in bottom of slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over meat loaf and press into meat.
- Form remaining meat mixture in the same shape as the first layer and place over cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle remaining cheese over loaf and leave in cooker until cheese melts.
- Carefully remove loaf with foil handles and place on serving plate.