A perfect addition to your OAMC collection because you can start with the base recipe and then make 1 or all of the variations so that you don't feel like you are eating the same thing for every dinner. This recipe is great for singles too because the mini loaves are individual servings and you can take out as many or as few as you need.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (120 g) package Stove Top stuffing mix or 1 (120 g) package dry bread cubes, if you prefer
- 1 cup water
For the Italian version
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
For the Fiesta version
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
For the Mediterranean version
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the BBQ version
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix meat, stuffing mix, or bread cubes,water, and seasoning (choose one: italian seasoning, OR chili powder, OR oregano OR garlic powder) until well blended.
- Press evenly into 12 greased muffin tins.
- Make a small indentation in the middle of each with the back of a spoon.
- Fill the indentation with your choice of filling. (Choose one: pasta sauce OR salsa OR roasted red peppers OR BBQ sauce following the version of your choice.).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until loaves are cooked through. Top with the cheese specified in the recipe of your choice and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before removing from baking pan.
- For OAMC: Remove from baking pan and let cool. Flash freeze on a cookie sheet until frim. Transfer to a labeled ziploc bag. To serve: Defrost overnight, then reheat in oven or microwave until heated through.