- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix by hand all the dry ingredients, except sugar.
- cut in the Crisco with a pastry blender until coarsely mixed then add the sugar.
- Blend in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Roll out and cut on a floured surface. (Do not Chill).
- Cut into shapes using your favorite cookie cutters.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 375F in a preheated oven.
- Decorate as you like!