Recipe by AbsurdBookNerd
A complete Vegetarian Potato soup made with all organic ingredients. Recipe comes form my cousin, Marty.
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 2 cups soymilk or 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper and sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice onion, set aside.
- Dice potatoes, carrots, and celery and place in a stock pot with broth. Bring to a boil and boil at medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Halfway through the cooking time for the potatoes, carrots, and celery, begin to saute the onion by heating the butter in a saute pan; add the onion and saute until translucent, then add the flour to the cooking onions to make a paste. Gradually add the milk to the paste, stirring constantly. When the milk and onion mixture becomes thickened, remove from heat.
- Remove the potato mixture from heat and add the milk mixture, stirring to blend. Add seasonings, infuse with LOVE, and serve.
- This soup freezes very well! Makes 7-8 cups of soup, serving size 1 to 1½ cups. Enjoy.