Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
its fast and easy for me to make. everybody that ive fixed it for wants the recipe. the recipe was given to me from a friend that found it in a cook book that featured the singing cowboy , and marty robbins sent this in. this came from a good friend that gave it to me, he got it from old cookbook that featured the singing cowboys this recipe was sent in by marty robbins. i just love to fix it
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 -3 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 -2 potato, shredded with a grater (how many depends on size)
- vegetable oil (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- brown meat, onion, spices in a large skillet;drain.
- add the poato to the meat, stir briskly to keep from sticking.
- add a small amount of vegetable oil if necessary.
- add eggs to mixture when potatoes are brown.
- continue to stir until eggs are done.
- salt and pepper to taste.
I made a double batch of this for company. Everyone said they like it but it seemed like it was missing flavor. I had problems browning the potatoes so if I make it again I will brown them seperately so they don't get mushy. Overall it was an o.k. dish for the amount of work involved.