Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wasn't so sure about this when I decided to make it for New Year's Day 2007 - but it ROCKS!
- 4 cups black-eyed peas, cooked and drained
- 5 pickled jalapeno peppers, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno juice, from the jar
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces old English cheese, in the jar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- In a food processor combine peas, peppers, onion, jalapeño juice, green chilies, and garlic till decently smooth.
- Heat cheese and butter together and add other ingredients and heat through -
- Serve with corn chips (such as Fritos Scoops).