Prep2 hrs 30 mins
The easiest noodle recipe I know. Tasty too. Great for chicken and noodles. There is nothing quite like homemade. Time includes 2 hours of drying time.
- Beat egg.
- Combine egg, salt, 2T milk.
- Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll very thin on a floured surface.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Roll up and slice 1/8 inch thick. (Use a very sharp knife and sprinkle more flour to keep from sticking.).
- Spread out and dry 2 hours.
- Drop into boiling soup and cook 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 cups uncooked noodles.
- To freeze: Lay out noodles on a baking sheet (instead of drying on the counter) Place in freezer until solid. Place in freezer bags. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Drop frozen noodles into boiling liquid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring once in a while.
This is our family's homemade noodle recipe as well and it is excellent. We make it according to these serving sizes: 1 egg for every two people, 2 tbsp milk and 1 cup of flour per egg. So for six people you would need 3 eggs, 6 tbsp milk, and 3 cups of flour (we don't usually measure the amount of salt, just a "dash"). However we usually go a little lighter on the flour since you use a lot when rolling out the dough. Also, we cut the dough into noodles while it lays flat on the counter top. Everyone loves these noodles, my aunt has made them with roast every Sunday for most of my life! Thank you!
This is a brilliant recipe! Very easy to put together. i tried rolling it by hand and it was sticky and impossible but once I used my pasta maker it was a breeze. My 2 year old had great fun making this with me. A lovely meal and a lovely family memory! ETA: to prevent having a sticky mess it is ESSENTIAL to follow step 5 and let the pasta sheets dry out a bit before cutting into strips - even if you use a pasta maker!
I love this recipe, it's so easy and good! I don't dry them but put the noodles right in the broth of whatever I'm making at the time. Since I have a mess going anyway I usually make more and freeze on a floured cookie sheet then bag in freezer bags. So easy and quick (who doesn't have flour & eggs on hand, I can make these quicker than running to the store for Reames). I've made this recipe several times, freezes well, never a failure. I roll out and use my pizza cutter to slice (a tip from another post). Thanks Quixoposto for a wonderful recipe!