Recipe by quixoposto
The easiest noodle recipe I know. Tasty too. Great for chicken and noodles. There is nothing quite like homemade. Time includes 2 hours of drying time.
Top Review by MommyMakes
This is our family's homemade noodle recipe as well and it is excellent. We make it according to these serving sizes: 1 egg for every two people, 2 tbsp milk and 1 cup of flour per egg. So for six people you would need 3 eggs, 6 tbsp milk, and 3 cups of flour (we don't usually measure the amount of salt, just a "dash"). However we usually go a little lighter on the flour since you use a lot when rolling out the dough. Also, we cut the dough into noodles while it lays flat on the counter top. Everyone loves these noodles, my aunt has made them with roast every Sunday for most of my life! Thank you!
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg.
- Combine egg, salt, 2T milk.
- Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll very thin on a floured surface.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Roll up and slice 1/8 inch thick. (Use a very sharp knife and sprinkle more flour to keep from sticking.).
- Spread out and dry 2 hours.
- Drop into boiling soup and cook 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 cups uncooked noodles.
- To freeze: Lay out noodles on a baking sheet (instead of drying on the counter) Place in freezer until solid. Place in freezer bags. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Drop frozen noodles into boiling liquid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring once in a while.