Prep2 hrs 30 mins
The easiest noodle recipe I know. Tasty too. Great for chicken and noodles. There is nothing quite like homemade. Time includes 2 hours of drying time.
- Beat egg.
- Combine egg, salt, 2T milk.
- Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll very thin on a floured surface.
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Roll up and slice 1/8 inch thick. (Use a very sharp knife and sprinkle more flour to keep from sticking.).
- Spread out and dry 2 hours.
- Drop into boiling soup and cook 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 cups uncooked noodles.
- To freeze: Lay out noodles on a baking sheet (instead of drying on the counter) Place in freezer until solid. Place in freezer bags. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Drop frozen noodles into boiling liquid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring once in a while.