Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I adopted this recipeafter the first 2 reviews posted. Tweeked it a tad! So PLEASE do give it a TRY! Presentation alone will awe your guests.
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 rib eye steaks (5 oz each) or 2 sirloin steaks (5 oz each)
- 6 pimento stuffed olives
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- In a shallow dish, combine all ingredients except meat and olives.
- Score steaks with shallow crisscross cuts on one side; add to marinade.
- Marinate at room temperature for two hours; turn several times.
- Remove steaks, save marinade.
- Broil or place on hot grill about three inches from heat.
- Cook four minutes per side for rare; six minutes for medium; baste meat several times with marinade.
- Garnish with olives on a toothpick.
Tried this on a whim and it was superb. I didn't even do the presentation and it was still a hit.
Gooood schtuff! I didn't have bitters on hand, so I left 'em out. Served these up with some broccoli and a baked potato, (I had a sweet potato, which was also good) and it was like eating in a good steakhouse without trying to fight the Saturday night dinner crowd. We'll definitely be making this again!
Very easy to make and doesn't take up too much time. Recommend it for an easy dinner. Tastes great with a good imported ale ie, New Castle