Recipe by Hey Jude
This is not a drink recipe! It's whitefish poached in vermouth and it's delicious!
Top Review by Jezski
Hey Jude, this is marvelous! Very simple and one of the best fish recipes we have ever had. I made it just as written, using half vermouth and half white wine. The fish was roughy. Superb! Thanks so much for posting. Janet
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 boneless white fish fillets
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vermouth or 1 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, dry skillet; toast almonds, stirring, until golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Heat water, vermouth and 2 teaspoons salt in skillet to a simmer. Add fillets; simmer until fish just turns opaque and flakes easily, about 5 minutes. Remove fillets; add salt and pepper to taste. Top with butter, almonds and parsley; squeeze lemon juice to taste.