1/5 Photos of Martin Sheen's Favorite Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Ran across this recipe just before Thanksgiving. WOW! It will now be on my desert table every year. (I may take it to a pot luck or two as well). Fantastically delicious and easy to make. Recipe is originally from Martin Sheen's daughter (Rene Estevez), who used to be a pastry chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 whole graham crackers, broken (about 4 ounces)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 1To make the Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Wrap a double layer of WIDE heavy-duty aluminum foil around the outside of a 10-inch springform pan. (The idea is to make it watertight). This is very important or you will have a soggy crust.
- 3Combine the graham crackers, sugar, and cinnamon in a food processor.
- 4Process until the graham crackers are very finely ground.
- 5Drizzle the melted butter over.
- 6Pulse until the crumbs begin to stick together.
- 7Press the crumbs over the bottom (not the sides) of the prepared pan.
- 8Bake in the middle of the oven until the crust is slightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- 9Transfer to a wire rack and cool while preparing the filling.
- 10To make the Filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- 11Beat the eggs one at a time.
- 12Add the pumpkin and the remaining ingredients.
- 13Beat just until mixed.
- 14Pour the filing into the prepared crust.
- 15Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan and add hot water to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- 16To bake and serve: Bake the cheesecake until the filling is slightly puffed and softly set and the top is golden, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 17Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool.
- 18Cover and refrigerate the cake overnight.
- 19Use a knife to cut around the side of the pan to loosen the cheesecake.
- 20Release the pan sides, cut the cheesecake into wedges, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martin Sheen's Favorite Pumpkin Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.7
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 353.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g