Prep 16 mins
Cook 25 mins
Martin and Joy were some of the best people in the world. Our family loved them so much. They are truly missed. This is their famous shrimp recipe. Billie Moore writes “When our friends…serve this, they advise all guests to wear old clothes!” There are no definite measurements available, and when you look at the spicing directions, remember, the shells are on the shrimp!
- ***As stated, all measurements are a guess. Read further for instructions.
- Place enough shell-on shrimp in a large baking dish to cover bottom.
- Drizzle oil onto shrimp.
- Pepper shrimp until black, and then add some more pepper.
- Add “lots” of salt, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco (I’m not kidding, that’s what the recipe says).
- Cut up butter, and dot surface of shrimp.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with newspaper covering table, and lots of napkins.
- Great with cold beer and salad, and French Bread to sop up the juices!
This is very close to a recipe I use, but I shell the shrimp first, so I ease up on the spices a bit. Be careful not to overcook, and definitely provide lots of bread for mopping up the elixir!
Cut the butter and oil amounts in half and it was still great! Used very large pink shrimp, and 3 tablespoons of the worcestershire/tabasco amounts and it was pretty spicy this way. Thanks for an easy, tasy recipe. Make sure to get a big loaf of crusty french bread to dip into the goodness!