Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in MSL July 2009. This is super easy and nice for cookouts! Cooking time is chilling time.
Make and share this Martha's Tequila Soaked Watermelon Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange watermelon in a single layer in two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes.
- Bring sugar, water, tequila, and Triple Sec to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Let cool slightly.
- Pour syrup over watermelon wedges, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove watermelon from syrup, and arrange on a platter.
- Squeeze limes over melon, and season with salt.
These are easy to make and a good solution for when your watermelon is not as sweet as you'd like! Thanks for sharing!
I prepared these as a fun and festive treat to take to a 4th of July cookout tonight! Super easy....just requires plenty of room in the fridge for chilling....and the tequila and liquor syrup added a touch of sweetness and subtle flavor to the melon. (No real alcohol bite that I can discern.) No doubt, they will be a big hit. Thanks for sharing!
These were easy to make and very yummy! I liked the hint of orange flavor from the triple sec and the lime and salt gave the whole thing a really nice kick. Thanks for the unique treat. Made for PRMR.