Found in MSL July 2009. This is super easy and nice for cookouts! Cooking time is chilling time.
Make and share this Martha's Tequila Soaked Watermelon Wedges recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange watermelon in a single layer in two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes.
- Bring sugar, water, tequila, and Triple Sec to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Let cool slightly.
- Pour syrup over watermelon wedges, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove watermelon from syrup, and arrange on a platter.
- Squeeze limes over melon, and season with salt.
These are easy to make and a good solution for when your watermelon is not as sweet as you'd like! Thanks for sharing!
I prepared these as a fun and festive treat to take to a 4th of July cookout tonight! Super easy....just requires plenty of room in the fridge for chilling....and the tequila and liquor syrup added a touch of sweetness and subtle flavor to the melon. (No real alcohol bite that I can discern.) No doubt, they will be a big hit. Thanks for sharing!
These were easy to make and very yummy! I liked the hint of orange flavor from the triple sec and the lime and salt gave the whole thing a really nice kick. Thanks for the unique treat. Made for PRMR.