- 1 small seedless watermelon, quartered and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges (red or yellow)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- flaked sea salt or coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange watermelon in a single layer in two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes.
- Bring sugar, water, tequila, and Triple Sec to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Let cool slightly.
- Pour syrup over watermelon wedges, and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove watermelon from syrup, and arrange on a platter.
- Squeeze limes over melon, and season with salt.