Recipe by babygirl65
This is from a recipe card from HEB Grocery Store. They were giving out samples of the dressing with a Smoky Cranberry Apple Relish, which I will publish too and it was OMG YUMMY!!!! I'm posting both of the recipes so that I don't lose them....
- 1 dozen prepared tamale (pork, beef or chicken)
- 1 (8 inch) prepared cornbread
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 350. Coat a 9 x 13 in baking dish with non stick spray.
- Crumble or cut tamales and corn bread into small pieces, place in a large mixing bowl. Drain juices from tomatoes, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, Saute onion for 5 minutes.
- Add Mexican seasonings and drained tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until heated and onion is tender.
- Toss mixture lightly with tamales, cornbread and cheese. Keep mixture loose; don't overmix or pack down.
- Transfer dressing to baking dish, bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until browned.
- If you can't find a Mexican blend seasoning, you can use 1 tsp each of Chili powder, garlic powder and ground cumin.