- 1 head garlic, 1/2 inch cut off top to reveal cloves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly coarse ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the vinaigrette: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle garlic with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in parchment, then in foil. Bake until soft, about 30 minutes. Squeeze garlic from skins. Mash until smooth.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients with the roasted garlic and remaining oil.