Recipe by Lori Mama
I came across this recipe of Martha Stewart. It's very tasty.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
This is delicious! I had to substitute dried dill for the fresh and used a tad bit less of it, but other than that followed the recipe as written. We love it as is, I wouldn't change a thing and won't in the future. Thanks for sharing the recipe Lori Mama! Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooked rice in medium bowl and keep warm.
- Mix together red onion and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Let sit 5 minutes; strain onion in a sieve, discarding vinegar.
- Place lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste in another small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle lemon mixture over warm rice.
- Add reserved onion, dill, and lemon zest; toss to combine.