Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe of Martha Stewart. It's very tasty.
Make and share this Martha's Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Place cooked rice in medium bowl and keep warm.
- Mix together red onion and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Let sit 5 minutes; strain onion in a sieve, discarding vinegar.
- Place lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste in another small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Drizzle lemon mixture over warm rice.
- Add reserved onion, dill, and lemon zest; toss to combine.
This is delicious! I had to substitute dried dill for the fresh and used a tad bit less of it, but other than that followed the recipe as written. We love it as is, I wouldn't change a thing and won't in the future. Thanks for sharing the recipe Lori Mama! Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.
This was yummy! I used basmati rice and cooked it in chicken broth to give it more flavor and it came out really good. It is a little tart, so if you like things sweeter, I would add maybe a pinch of sugar or honey. I will make this again- thanks!
This was an excellent side dish with our grilled lemon chicken. Lovely flavor. I did have to substitute dried dill (about 2 teaspoons) because I couldn't find fresh dill anywhere. Made for Every Day is a Holiday tag.