Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Very rarely do I make anything I've seen Martha Stewart prepare. I guess it's because I have always thought she took the long way around the pond. Anyway, I got this recipe off her new show and changed the sugar to Splenda for me. It is delicious, not to mention quick and easy. It's also the perfect amount if there's just two of you at home.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9" cake pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients to combine. In a separate bowl, stir together the wet ingredients. Stir the two together gently until smooth.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese icing when cool.