Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Best pancake recipe I have ever tried. Got it from marthawhite.com. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (I just use canola oil, easier than measuring & melting butter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar (I usually add double)
- Heat griddle or large skillet to medium-high heat (375 degrees F.). Grease lightly with oil.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs. Add milk and melted butter; mix well. Add all remaining ingredients; stir just until large lumps disappear.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles begin to break on surface. Turn; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- My tips: I use a skillet and heat between med-low to medium. I find they darken quickly if cooked too hot (on my stove). I think it makes no difference in which order the ingredients are added and mixed. I let my mix sit for a few minutes. I double the recipe in order to have enough to feed my bunch. If you don't have self rising flour you can make it by adding 1 teaspoon baking powder & 1/4 teaspoons salt to every cup of all purpose flour used in your recipe. This was the first homemade mix I ever tried. I had always made from a box. I have yet to find a homemade recipe for pancakes that measure up to this one. Hope you enjoy them!
These are great! let's you have some real pancakes. Today, we made them with canola and not butter, but it made them more dense. So I think we will just take the time to melt the butter. But this is definitely our go-to recipe! Thanks!
This is the Best Ever recipe for pancakes ever.
Thank you very much for your recipe.
WOW! These pancakes were AMAZING! I followed the recipe exactly the way it is, but when it came for the sugar I was out of regular so I substituted dark brown sugar. I am not the best when it comes to cooking pancakes, but these were PHENOMENAL!