1/1 Photo of Martha's Mom's Meatloaf
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Thats right folks - THE Martha's mom & it doesn't get any better!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 2 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled &,cut into 8 ths
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled &,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1Heat oven to 375°.
- 2Place bread in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade; pulse until fine crumbs form.
- 3Transfer to a medium bowl, add ground beef& mix well.
- 4Place onion, garlic, celery, carrots& parsley in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade; pulse until fine.
- 5Add to meat mixture and, using hands, mix well.
- 6Add egg, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 teaspoons dry mustard, salt, and pepper; use hands to combine thoroughly.
- 7Place in an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 8Combine remaining 1/2 cup ketchup, remaining teaspoon dry mustard, and brown sugar in a bowl; stir until smooth.
- 9Brush mixture over meatloaf; place in the oven over a baking pan set on the rack below to catch drippings.
- 10Cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°, about 90 minutes.
- 11Check after 60 minutes and if the top is getting too dark, cover with foil, and continue baking.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha's Mom's Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.3
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 1416.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 29.4 g