Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My sister, Ashley who got it from my Grandmother, Martha, gave this recipe to me. She is a wonderful cook!
- 1 box white cake mix
- egg, for cake mix
- oil, for cake mix
- water, for cake mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Prepare cake following package directions for a 9x13 cake.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a saucepan except for flavorings.
- Heat over medium heat until bubbles appear, then boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes and 20 seconds exactly.
- Take off heat and add vanilla& maple flavorings.
- Let set for about 3 minutes.
- Beat with hand mixer until thick enough to spread on cake.