1/1 Photo of Martha's Indian Spiced String Beans
Need a spicy side dish? Look no further - Martha to the rescue! Taken from Martha Stewart Living October 2000 and posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large bowl with ice and water.
- 2Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add 1 teaspoon salt and string beans. Cook until bright green, about 3 minutes, and drain into a colander.
- 3Transfer to ice bath to stop cooking, drain again, and set aside.
- 4Place a large skillet over high heat, and add oil.
- 5When very hot, add mustard seeds, and cook until seeds begin to pop, about 30 seconds.
- 6Add onion, and cook, stirring until they begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Add ginger, and cook 1 minute more.
- 8Add reserved string beans, and cook, stirring until hot.
- 9Season with salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha's Indian Spiced String Beans
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 589.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g