Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in Eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out half of the dough to 1/8 thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes, place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush cookies with beaten egg white and sprinkle on colored sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove to cool on a wire rack.
- This should make about 16 dozen cookies.
Love, Love, Love these cookies! If you're a fan of eggnog then these are your cookies.
I am eating one now, they are wonderfull, I found the recipe in the christmas at home, christmas cookies cookbook. The only difference is that instead of egg white and sprinkles it has the recipe for eggnog icing. I came on to post it seeing as they are sooooooooo good, but i guess i am to late!
Everyone at the cookie exchange enjoyed these cookies. Thanks for the recipe. What a fun way to get the eggnog flavor.