Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saw this on Martha's show today and they look wonderful!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 wooden popsicle sticks or 6 wooden skewers
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into thirds
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler, just until melted.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Insert a popsicle stick into one end of each banana piece.
- Dip bananas, one at a time, in chocolate, spooning extra chocolate to cover.
- Sprinkle each banana with peanuts.
- Set on prepared baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 20 minutes to 3 days.
- ***If you have extra chocolate, spread onto wax paper until hardened, chop it up and save to put on top of ice cream.
I used sate sticks becuase popsicle sticks are hard to get here and cut my bananas a bit smaller so that I could dip them more easily. Presentation is great and guests ohh-ed and ahh-ed but when we got down the eating we were a tad disapointed because they were quite plain, and a little boring. A nice combination, but on the whole, the four who reviewed this felt that this would need jazzing up to make it a real winner. Please see my rating system, a lovely 3 stars, but I would need to experiment with some extra flavourings, Mint essesence? Tia Maria? Baileys??? before this became regular in our house. Thanks !