1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I saw this on Martha Stewarts show and it looked awesome. I am posting before I make it to get nutritional info!UPDATE: I made this and it was awesome! I didn't take a picture because I took it to a dinner for the 2nd half cooking! The endive was succulent! I would make this again for sure!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, plus more
- unsalted butter, for dish
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cut lengthwise into sixths
- 1 cup israeli couscous (large pearl)
- 2 large heads cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh marjoram or 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups finely grated gruyere cheese (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°, with rack in lower third.
- 2Butter a 1 1/2-quart, deep, wide oven proof dish.
- 3Put endive in bottom of dish.
- 4Arrange pasta or couscous over endive.
- 5Top with cauliflower.
- 6Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour.
- 7Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 8Cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- 9Whisk in milk; cook, whisking, until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Whisk in marjoram, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
- 12Whisk in Gruyère until smooth.
- 13Pour over cauliflower.
- 14Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 15Set dish on a baking sheet.
- 16Bake 30 minutes.
- 17Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 18Reduce temperature to 350°; bake until cauliflower is tender, about 40 minutes. (If browning too quickly, tent with foil.)
- 19Transfer to a wire rack; let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha's Cauliflower Gratin With Endive
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.5
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 638.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: