Recipe by Jenny White
This candy is always made for Christmas at our house. They taste a bit like Almond Joy candy bars. They are very yummy. I really don't have any idea how many this recipe makes, but I know it is a lot. These make great gifts placed in a Holiday tin.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 (24 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Shape coconut mixture into walnut-size balls.
- Freeze until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Pierce balls with a tooth pick or wooden skewer, dip balls into chocolate.
- Lay on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Note: This recipe originally called for 1 block of paraffin wax melted in with the chocolate chips. I don't care for the wax, so I don't add it. It's just a personal preference.