Recipe by Jill C.
I found this recipe as I was looking for a Tuna Salad that did not have eggs in it. Fortunately, I came across this on Martha Stewarts' website. I love this recipe and make it quite often. Usually, I double it so I have extra for lunch.
- 12 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 2 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 gala apples, cored, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (or any sweet apple)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip with Olive Oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste