Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe as I was looking for a Tuna Salad that did not have eggs in it. Fortunately, I came across this on Martha Stewarts' website. I love this recipe and make it quite often. Usually, I double it so I have extra for lunch.
- 12 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 2 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 gala apples, cored, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (or any sweet apple)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip with Olive Oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine tuna, celery, apple, mayonnaise, basil, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: The original recipe calls for Lemonaise instead of Mayonnaise. However, I am unable to find it in our local grocery stores.