Recipe by Irish Rose
This is Martha's easy to make clam sauce and pasta. Goes together so quickly and is very tasty. The kitchen smells so good while it is cooking!
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb dried linguine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 2 (6 ounce) cans minced clams with juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In large covered pot, heat a gallon of water with a Tbls. of salt and bring to a boil. When it boils, add the pasta and cook al dente.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a skillet, large enough to hold the pasta later on, heat the oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and slowly cook until golden brown. Do not burn! Add the clams with their juice, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Stir, reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Reserving 1/2 cup cooking water, drain the pasta in a colander. Add the drained pasta, parsley, butter and salt and pepper to the sauce and mix well, adding a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water if needed. Cook 1 minute and then serve.