Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Squeeze grilled lemon over grilled shrimp.
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp (about 40)
- 4 lemons, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine cilantro and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Peel shrimp to first knuckle, devein.
- Rinse, pat dry.
- Place in bowl with cilantro oil mixture, and coat.
- Thread four to five shrimp, alternately with lemon wedges, on each of eight skewers.
- Gently brush with a little of the olive oil remaining in the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange skewers, off direct heat, on a medium hot grill.
- Grill, rotating skewers and brushing with olive oil as necessary to prevent sticking, until cooked through, about 6 minutes, depending on the heat of grill.
- Lemons should be soft and slightly charred.