Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Martha says this is a "novel way to serve soup".
Make and share this Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Soup in a Pumpkin recipe from Food.com.
- In a covered saucepan, heat the stock, cubed pumpkin, onion, garlic, salt, thyme, and peppercorns to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the pumpkin with a slotted spoon; reserve.
- Simmer remaining pumpkin mixture, uncovered, 20 minutes longer; transfer to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut the top off the sugar pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes; set aside in a warm spot.
- Puree 2 cups of the pumpkin mixture in a blender or food processor; return pureed mixture to the pot.
- Repeat with remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Heat pureed mixture to boiling; reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir warm cream and reserved pumpkin into soup.
- Place the warmed sugar pumpkin on a platter; ladle the soup in and garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot.