1 hr 20 mins
Martha says this is a "novel way to serve soup".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a covered saucepan, heat the stock, cubed pumpkin, onion, garlic, salt, thyme, and peppercorns to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- 2Remove 1/2 cup of the pumpkin with a slotted spoon; reserve.
- 3Simmer remaining pumpkin mixture, uncovered, 20 minutes longer; transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 5Cut the top off the sugar pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- 6Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes; set aside in a warm spot.
- 7Puree 2 cups of the pumpkin mixture in a blender or food processor; return pureed mixture to the pot.
- 8Repeat with remaining pumpkin mixture.
- 9Heat pureed mixture to boiling; reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 10Stir warm cream and reserved pumpkin into soup.
- 11Place the warmed sugar pumpkin on a platter; ladle the soup in and garnish with parsley.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Soup in a Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 933.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: