Recipe by Rebekah of SFD
These are so easy to make, and taste wonderful! Good with soup for dinner, chicken salad for lunch, or fruit for breakfast. Or just by themselves as a treat! I prefer using a stoneware muffin pan for the best results. A popover pan is nice, but not many folks seem to have one, so I always suggest a muffin pan. From "The Martha Stewart Cookbook". Thanks, Martha :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the butter, milk, flour & salt until smooth.
- Whisk in the beaten eggs, a bit at a time, until incorporated.
- Do no over-beat the batter; it should have the consistency of heavy cream.
- Fill a 12 count muffin tin that has been sprayed generously with nonstick spray.
- Bake 15 minutes at 450°.
- Without opening the oven, lower the heat to 350°, and bake 15-20 minutes longer.
- Best served hot, but still good the next day!