Recipe by Ariella
I found this recipe on Martha Stewart and thought I'd post it before things start getting too crazy with Passover cleaning.
Top Review by Ducky
DS wanted chocolate chip cookies so I tried this recipe. It makes a decent tasting Passover cookie and is a great way to use up farfel and matzo meal. I didn't use nuts but used about 1 1/4 C chocolate chips. I absolutely could not get all the chips mixed into the very sticky dough. I through out at least 1/4 C chips (not a good thing Martha!).
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 cup matzo farfel
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together matzo meal, farfel, sugars, and salt. Whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir egg mixture into sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Roll dough into 1 3/4-inch balls; space 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.