Recipe by juniperwoman
These look super gourmet and super easy, too! I found them on the Martha Stewart website.
Top Review by loveleesmile
These were great. I am new to the whole adding ricotta to pancake batter. I really like the texture and flavor of these pancakes. They did not rise as much as I like, but I will try adding a half or maybe a whole teaspoon baking powder next time. Thanks for posting Juniper woman!
- 1 3⁄4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese (15 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (1 orange)
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- confectioners' sugar or maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, and 2 teaspoons grated orange zest (1 orange). Whisk in 2/3 cup all-purpose flour until just combined.
- Heat 3 tablespoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches (and adding more oil to skillet as needed), add batter, using a scant 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer pancakes to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve hot, dusted with confectioners’ sugar or drizzled with maple syrup.