Recipe by susie cooks
We love this recipe. Quick and delicious! You can find the white miso paste in the Asain section of some supermarkets or in most health-food store.
- 4 skinless cod fish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1⁄4 cup white miso
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- olive oil, for the baking sheet
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine mirin, miso, and sugar. Whisking constantly, cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.
- Heat broiler, with rack 6 inches from heat. Coat a baking sheet with oil. Place fish on baking sheet, and brush liberally with miso mixture. Broil until fillets are browned on top and opaque in the center, 6 to 8 minutes. If tops brown before fish is cooked through, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Remove from oven; serve immediately.