Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This wonderful recipe from Martha Stewart is so very good...
- 2 ounces pecan halves, broken in large pieces (2/3 cup)
- 1 2⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter, room temperature
- 2 3⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream, more if necessary
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Have ready two clean baking sheets.
- Spread pecans on a rimmed baking pan, and toast in the oven until golden -- about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce temperature to 350*. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl, of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy., about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, beat on low speed until combined.
- Drop batter by level tablespoons onto baking sheets, about 2" apart.
- Bake until firm and barely golden, 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and transfer to wire rack until completely cool.In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar and cream and bring to a full boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Working quickly, add confectioners sugar and whisk until smooth. Add pecan pieces and stir until slightly thickened. If mixture thickens, return to heat and add cream 1 tsp at a time. Spoon tsp on each cookie and set aside until firm.
This praline cookie is to DIE for. It is probably THE most delicious cookie I have ever eaten in my life! I could not pass up eating a stack of them and weight gain be damned! This cookie is worth it!