1/1 Photo of Martha Stewart's Marble Cake With White Chocolate Glaze
1 hr 10 mins
From Baking Handbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 414.03 ml cake flour (not self-rising)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 158.51 ml buttermilk, room temperature
- 59.14 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder, plus
- 14.79 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan; set aside. Whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla. Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour. Set aside one-third of the batter.
- 3In a bowl, mix cocoa and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water with a rubber spatula until smooth. Add the cocoa mixture to the reserved cake batter; stir until well combined.
- 4Spoon batters into the prepared pan in two layers, alternating spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate to simulate a checkerboard. To create marbling, run a table knife (or wooden skewer) through the batters in a swirling motion.
- 5Bake, rotating the pan halfway through, until a cake tester comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a rack to cool 10 minutes. Turn out cake from pan and cool completely on the rack. Cake can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- 6To make glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and milk. Whisk in chocolate. Pour over cake, allowing to drip down sides. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Marble Cake With White Chocolate Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.5
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.8 mg
- Sodium 263.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g