1/1 Photo of Martha Stewart's Macaroni and Cheese
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe makes enough for two 2-quart or eight 12- to 16- oz. baking dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water 1 to 2 minutes less than package instructions. Drain, rinse with cool water, and return to pot.
- 2Meanwhile, heat 4 T. butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Add milk, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and 2 t. salt; bring to a simmer. Cook, whisking, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in cheeses until smooth. Pour over pasta; toss to coat. Divide among baking dishes.
- 3Melt remaining 2 T. butter; toss with breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over pasta. (Cover tightly with plastic wrap; freeze up to 3 months.).
- 4Preheat oven to 375. Place frozendishes on a baking sheet; remove plastic. Cover with foil. Bake until bubbling, 60-70 minutes for large dishes, 40-50 minutes for small. Remove foil; continue baking until golden, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.0
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 890.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 32.7 g