1/1 Photo of Martha Stewart's Linzer Tart With Lingonberry (Or Raspberry) Jam
1 hr 15 mins
Marie Nixon's Note:
I make this with raspberry jam. The directions require a food processor. Martha's recipe comment is that the tart is best served chilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chilled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 ounces about 1 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 9 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup lingonberry jam or 1 cup raspberry jam
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Break chocolate into small pieces. In the bowl of a food procesor, combine chocolate, sugar and almonds and pulse until finely ground, about 45 seconds.
- 2Add flour, cinnamon, and salt, pulsing 3 or 4 times to combine. Add butter, pulsing until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3In a small bowl, combine egg and lemon juice. Add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork until mixture comes together.
- 4Place an 8-inch springform pan or bottomless tart ring on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press about two-thirds of the dough into the ring, forming a 1/2 inch thick crust. Crust should be thicker on the edges, coming to a height of 1 inch on the ring.
- 5Using a rubber spatula, spread jam evenly over bottom of crust.
- 6Divide remaining dough into quarters. Flour work surface and hands well, and roll dough into long thin ropes about 1/3 inch in diameter. Arrange decoratively along top of tart, pressing gently to slightly flatten ropes.
- 7Bake tart until golden brown around the edges, about 50 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Chill and dust lightly with confectioner's sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Linzer Tart With Lingonberry (Or Raspberry) Jam
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.2
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.7 mg
- Sodium 43.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g