Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can substitute limes or oranges for the lemons and use other fresh herbs such as thyme, instead of the rosemary.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stuff rosemary, 1 cut lemon and garlic into chicken cavity.
- Tuck wings under and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Set chicken on baking rack in roasting pan.
- Rub chicken all over with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast until thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted into thickest part of thigh (avoiding bones), 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lemon quarters.