You can substitute limes or oranges for the lemons and use other fresh herbs such as thyme, instead of the rosemary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Stuff rosemary, 1 cut lemon and garlic into chicken cavity.
- 3Tuck wings under and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- 4Set chicken on baking rack in roasting pan.
- 5Rub chicken all over with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 6Roast until thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted into thickest part of thigh (avoiding bones), 45-50 minutes.
- 7Serve with fresh lemon quarters.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Lemon Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.5
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 297.6 mg
- Sodium 860.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 74.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: