Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can substitute limes or oranges for the lemons and use other fresh herbs such as thyme, instead of the rosemary.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stuff rosemary, 1 cut lemon and garlic into chicken cavity.
- Tuck wings under and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Set chicken on baking rack in roasting pan.
- Rub chicken all over with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast until thermometer reads 160 degrees when inserted into thickest part of thigh (avoiding bones), 45-50 minutes.
- Serve with fresh lemon quarters.