Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
When a Black Corinth grape is dried, it becomes a 'currant'! These cookies are from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food website. They have such great flavor. Her recipe says to bake for 20 minutes but I found that mine browned around the edges in 10 minutes. I posted her recipe as written but just wanted to let you know to start checking at 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter two baking sheets, or line them with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and egg.
- In a separate bowl; whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until they are well combined.
- Stir in currants and lemon zest.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough about 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are puffed and golden around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
These were so good and chewy!! I love the currant and lemon together. They were light and delicious, mmmmm!