1/3 Photos of Martha Stewart's Lemon and Caper Mashed Potatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- coarse salt
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
- 177.44 ml milk
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice, plus
- 9.85 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 44.37 ml capers, drained and coarsely chopped (I skipped the chopping part)
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (fresh only!)
- fresh ground black pepper (I used white pepper)
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover potatoes by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add a generous amount of salt; reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a paring knife, about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain; place the potatoes back in the pot and using a potato masher or potato ricer, mash potatoes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 5 tablespoons butter, milk, lemon juice, zest, and capers.
- 5Heat until butter is melted and the mixture is warm to the touch.
- 6Fold the milk mixture and parsley into the mashed potatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Dot with remaining tablespoon butter just before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Lemon and Caper Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.4
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 227.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g