Recipe by nascarmom
This came from a Martha Stewart cookbook. Wonderful flavor. Almost the same taste as Malley's hot fudge sauce in Cleveland. I have been asked for this recipe a lot. I am REQUIRED to double it every time I make it! It is good even just taking it by the spoonful after it is in the refrigerator. Do not cook it too long though or it will become fudge.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I usually add a little more)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (calls for kosher, I use regular)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter (I leave out the above salt if I only have regular butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan except for vanilla.
- Cook over med. heat.
- Stir until mixture boils.
- Set timer and boil for 3 minutes, stir occasionally
- (Don't boil for more than 3 minutes or it will become like fudge).
- Turn off heat and stir in vanilla.
- Store in refrigerator up to a week.
- Can reheat in microwave for a few seconds at a time or place in pan of hot water until sauce warms and thins.