This came from a Martha Stewart cookbook. Wonderful flavor. Almost the same taste as Malley's hot fudge sauce in Cleveland. I have been asked for this recipe a lot. I am REQUIRED to double it every time I make it! It is good even just taking it by the spoonful after it is in the refrigerator. Do not cook it too long though or it will become fudge.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I usually add a little more)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (calls for kosher, I use regular)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter (I leave out the above salt if I only have regular butter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan except for vanilla.
- Cook over med. heat.
- Stir until mixture boils.
- Set timer and boil for 3 minutes, stir occasionally
- (Don't boil for more than 3 minutes or it will become like fudge).
- Turn off heat and stir in vanilla.
- Store in refrigerator up to a week.
- Can reheat in microwave for a few seconds at a time or place in pan of hot water until sauce warms and thins.
This sauce is so good! Used half cream and half milk and it was perfect. Awesome on ice cream.
It's quick to make with ingredients you most likely have on hand. If you don't have evaporated milk, look up one of the evaporated milk substitute recipes on this site and use it. Although nascarmom is required to make a double recipe, I chose to make a half recipe because I didn't trust myself with any more than that amount of Hot Fudge Sauce in the house. The half recipe worked great. It made about 3/4 of a cup. You gotta try this recipe.
Turns out perfect. I had to use heavy cream.