1/1 Photo of Martha Stewart's Grand Marnier Italian Buttercream Frosting
Jessica K's Note:
This is the icing she says to put on every wedding cake and is her most popular!!! Got it out of my Martha Stewart cookbook. have not used it myself but posted in regards to a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and water in saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and let boil 3-5 minute until sugar dissolves, uncover and continue boiling until syrup reaches 238° on a candy thermometer (soft-ball stage).
- 2Meanwhile, place egg whites in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat on low speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt, and beat on medium-high speed until stiff but not dry; do not overbeat.
- 3When syrup reaches 240 degrees pour 1/4 cup of syrup into egg white mixture. With mixer running, add syrup to whites in a stream, beating on high speed until no longer steaming, about 3 minutes. Add rest of syrup slowly and beat for 8-12 min., or till cool, so butter will not melt.
- 4In seperate bowl cream butter. Add butter bit by bit, beating until spreadable, 3 to 5 minutes; beat in vanilla and Grand Marnier. If icing curdles, keep beating until smooth, may still be too warm. Use Immediately!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Grand Marnier Italian Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.3
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 284.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: